Saturday, February 27, 2010

Here's where "Ace" came from

Ok - enough already, I have been asked too many times where my nickname "Ace" came from. Several of you have said it has no relation to Anthony and I don't play cards and I don't shoot down airplaines. So here it is....drum roll please.....

In my younger, dumber days, I was into a gel in the hair - spike it up in the middle of my head stage. (That is not a picture of me by the way - hopefully all pictures of those days have been deleted, burned or otherwise destroyed. Anyway my Father is ultra-conservative, only white shirts and stripped ties at the office kind of guy, well he hated my hair an said that the spike in the middle made my head look like the Ace of Spades, and to try to embarrass me into a more conventional hair style he began calling me "Ace" well my friends who would come over to hang out thought it was cool for me to be called "Ace" and then it spread to school and beyond, so I go by Ace or Anthony or your royal-highness or anything else you may want to hang on me but that is the story of "Ace"

until next time... Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment